The New CS6 Feature I’ll Never Use
CS6 Adaptive Wide Angle Filter Feature
This CS6 tool is basically meant to correct lens distortion issues on photos shot with a wide angle lens. In this episode I’ll show you how its meant to be used with horizontal and vertical reference lines. I spent about an hour today trying to figure out how to apply this tool in a way that would help my image, and in the end it didn’t do much at all. It did, however, work with a fisheye photo but usually the reason people shoot with those is for the bowed effect.
- 0:30- Why it didn’t work for me
- 1:45- Using it with a photo shot at 16mm
- 2:35- Starting with straight lines
- 5:00- Explaining why it doesn’t look as good as the original
- 6:30- Fisheye photo
- 9:00- Let me know if you have had any success with this tool!