The New CS6 Feature I’ll Never Use
Subscribe to Phlearn
CS6 Adaptive Wide Angle Filter Feature
This CS6 tool is basically meant to correct lens distortion issues on photos shot with a wide angle lens. In this episode I’ll show you how its meant to be used with horizontal and vertical reference lines. I spent about an hour today trying to figure out how to apply this tool in a way that would help my image, and in the end it didn’t do much at all. It did, however, work with a fisheye photo but usually the reason people shoot with those is for the bowed effect.
- 0:30- Why it didn’t work for me
- 1:45- Using it with a photo shot at 16mm
- 2:35- Starting with straight lines
- 5:00- Explaining why it doesn’t look as good as the original
- 6:30- Fisheye photo
- 9:00- Let me know if you have had any success with this tool!