Are You a Slave or a Pharaoh?
If you are not building your OWN pyramid, you are building someone else’s pyramid.
It is so easy in life to let your dreams slip away, simply because they seem to big to accomplish. Instead most people wind up working towards fulfilling someone else’s dream. I am here to help you accomplish your dreams.
Phlearn is about photoshop and photography, but it is also about helping people get better in life. We all need some inspiration sometimes in life, and that is what today’s episode is all about.
What You Will Learn
- 0:30 – Intro to Phlearn, and how to say it with a Swedish accent
- 0:45 – Inspiration
- 1:00 – Are you a slave or pharoah
- 2:00 – If you are not fulfilling your own dream, you are fulfilling someone else’s
- 3:00 – Taking small steps
- 3:50 – How to cross a desert
- 4:30 – Taking the first step
- 5:00 – Why no one wants money
- 5:30 – Your goals have to be REAL
- 6:00 – When you take steps to build your pyramid, others gather in support
What are your dreams?
We all have dreams. If you ask most people what they want in life, they don’t know. The question is too big. If you ask people about a few things they would really like to do, then you start to see their dreams come out.
What steps can you take RIGHT NOW to get closer to them?
Big goals and dreams are supposed to scare the crap out of you. If they were something you could do without much effort, you would have probably already done them. What is important to remember, is that you don’t have to do everything today. All you have to do is take the first step.
Want to know what you are walking towards?
Here is a great activity to help.
- Find someone who cares about you, and whom you trust
- Ask that person if they will sit down with you for 10 minutes and help you to accomplish your dreams
- Offer to do the same activity with THEIR dreams – reciprocate
- The job of the person helping is to ask over and over “What do you want?”
- Your job is to answer them
- Do this over and over for 10 minutes
In the beginning most people say the usual. They want a big house, a fancy car, a ton of money. If you answer these things, don’t feel bad. What you will find, is that as the question is asked over and over, your answers start to become more and more real. Remember, this is not a Miss USA pageant, and you get no bonus points for saying “I want to end world hunger”. These have to be real.
I did this recently, and I was shocked to see what my answers were around the 8:00 minute mark. It turns out I don’t really care about having a fancy house. It turns out, what I want more than anything is to leave a positive inpact on other people’s lives, and that when I die, I will be remembered as a person who gave all that they had to something they believed in.