Amazing Bokeh Contest
How to take AMAZING Bokeh Photos
This week’s contest is so perfect for the holidays. We are gathering together our best Bokeh Photos, and I will show you some great ways to apply them to your images to give them a magical feel. This time of year you will be able to find a lot of small twinkling lights, which are the best subjects for these photos. In this video we talk about some camera settings that will make your job much easier, as well as what to look for when taking these photos.
What You Will Learn
- 0:30 – Aaron shows off his Canon SUSPENDERS! Hand made by Jack Temple
- 2:00 – Announcing the winners from last week’s contest
- 4:30 – Announcing this week’s contest!
- 5:00 – Showing a great example of our goal with this contest
- 5:30 – Important camera settings to get the best results
- 6:00 – Tips on what to look for when taking Bokeh Photos
- 7:00 – Taking photos around the house
- 7:50 – Our New Look!
Last Week’s Contest Winners
- Chris D – Great idea for combining exposures to make art. This is going to be a very cool episode
- Judy – Make a calendar from your photos, and cut the calendar part off after each month. We are going to cover this in Photoshop, and then I will show you how to put the physical calendar together!
5 Phamily Members Will Win!
Now that you are armed with the skills necessary to take amazing bokeh photos, it is time to put them into action! All week long keep your eyes out for anything that would make a great bokeh photo. Take your snapshots, and post them on Phlearn! I will then show everyone some great techniques on how to apply them to your other images for some great effects.
This contest is open all week! Winners will be chosen next Monday, and will each receive a FREE Phlearn PRO Photoshop Tutorial of your choice.
We can’t wait to see your photos!
How to Enter Your Image
Simply post it in a comment below. Often you can just submit the link and the image will show up. There is also a button to add an image in the comment field.