Change Someone’s Life Today
Subscribe to Phlearn
Changing People’s Lives
This week’s contest is so perfect for the holidays. We are gathering together our best Bokeh Photos, and I will show you some great ways to apply them to your images to give them a magical feel. This time of year you will be able to find a lot of small twinkling lights, which are the best subjects for these photos. In this video we talk about some camera settings that will make your job much easier, as well as what to look for when taking these photos.
What You Will Learn
- 0:40 – Announcing Contest winners from last week’s BOKEH CONTEST!
- 2:00 – Thank you to our amazing Phamily
- 4:00 – Discussing Chris’ follow up, and how it changed his life.
- 5:40 – Announcing This Week’s Contest
- 7:10 – Bringing the Passion
- 9:00 – How we will pick our winners
- 10:00 – Teaching How to Create Lighting Design
- 11:00 – Idea for Photo Shoot
- 12:00 – Establishing Mood Through Lighting
- 13:00 – Matching Ambient and Flash Light
- 15:00 – How to figure out placement for KEY Light
- 18:00 – Using a Fill Card
- 19:00 – Changing things up when the shoot isn’t going right
- 20:00 – In depth CAMERA SETTINGS & LIGHTING SETTINGS
- 24:30 – Making everything simple
- 25:30 – Outro & making a difference in People’s lives
Last Week’s Contest Winners
- Eli- Great photo of a girl laying down with added bokeh. Amazing Tones
- Oo Achew Oo- By far some of the most creative shots I have seen using bokeh. Making it into physical objects is awesome!
- Lenart- Your Bokeh looks like FIRE! i don’t know how you did it, but it looks amazing!
- Gixter- Bokeh and implied violence, nice!
- Judy – Bonus points for making bokeh in christmas theme!
Change Someone’s Life Contest
Teaching someone how to do something can be the greatest gift you ever give someone. Most people never feel REAL time and energy devoted to them in an unselfish manner.
The contest for this week is easy and POWERFUL. Teach someone to do something. Devote yourself to make them better. If you want to teach MANY people, make a video and post it here on PHLEARN.
If you do teach someone, and cant record it, no worries! It is the act that matters, just let us know what happened, and how everyone reacted to a true gift.
How to Enter The Contest
Simply post it in a comment below. If you have a story, tell it. If you have a video, upload it to youtube or vimeo and link it below. Don’t feel like you have to teach photoshop or photography. Anything you are good at, that you can share with the world, and help us all grow.