Cleaning Up Your Computer and Hard-drives
Today’s episode is all about SPACE. Because I take so many images on each photoshoot I often end up with 50GB of photos that I never use. Even though you can get hard-drives for pretty cheap, after awhile all those files eat up a lot of space. Today I’ll show you the method I use to organized by sizing them down into Jpegs instead of deleting them- just in case I ever want to go back and access them.
- 0:35- Tshirt design and other announcements
- 1:55- Contest winners
- 2:35- Why I need to free up space
- 3:15- Using Lightroom to get organized
- 5:00- Exporting RAW files
- 5:55- Comparing the difference in size
- 6:50- Flagging favorite photos, and deleting the ones you know you’ll never use
- 9:10- Explanation of how these are categorized
- 9:50- Putting the jpegs back into the same folder
Last Week’s Contest Winners
- Todd Langkamp
- Abar Aranburu
What is your method of saving images from camera to computer? Next week 4 winners will each receive a Phlearn Pro. 2 will win by having the most “likes”, and 2 will be based on the BEST ADVICE for organization. Post your method below for a chance to win!
Winners will be announced on Monday, April 2