Finishing Touches with Color and Gradients- Part 3 of 3
In the past two episodes I’ve covered all of the basic editing techniques for retouching and some color correcting for a high fashion style image. Today I’ll finish it up by editing the colors using adjustment layers, blend modes, and gradients.Building these effects slowly with many different layers will give you the chance to go back and make subtle changes later, and help achieve a softer look. Also see how to add in linear gradients, then crop and sharpen the image to complete it for the web.
- 0:50- Review of yesterday
- 1:45- How levels affect color in your shadows and highlights
- 3:00- Changing our color using blend modes on a lower opacity
- 4:00- Using a Gradient Map
- 5:10- Channel mixer
- 6:00- Linear gradient to darken areas
- 7:50- Building up effects to get the look we’re going for
- 8:45- Pen tool to make selections
- 10:35- Hue and saturation
- 12:20- Cropping the image
- 12:55- Painting in her shoulder
- 13:50- Unsharp Mask
- 14:25- Final touches
Make sure to become part of the Phlearn Family on Facebook, conversate with us on Twitter, and #hashtag your Phlearn inspirations on Instagram. We want to know what the Phlearn community social chatter is about, and who is sharing it. You all keep us motivated to do our best.