The L-series is Canon’s flagship professional lens range, designed to include outstanding image performance, ultimate operability and weather resistance. The EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM offers a lightweight alternative to the renowned EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM. Takes 77mm sized filters.
- 24-105mm standard zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon EOS SLR cameras
- 1 Super UD glass element and 3 aspherical lenses minimize chromatic aberration and distortion
- Ring-type USM system delivers silent but quick autofocus (AF); full-time manual focus
- Image Stabilizer technology steadies camera shake at up to 3 stops; weighs 23.6 ounces
- Dust- and moisture-resistant; measures 3.3 inches in diameter and 4.2 inches long; 1-year warranty
This is a great all-around lens that is extremely versatile and great for a multitude of purposes. Shooting landscapes? No problem. Shooting portraits? No problem. The diverse focal length makes this a great walk around lens, as it could be the only lens you have on you and you wouldn’t need anything else.
If you’re going to be shooting in situations will less natural light and no strobes, the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 would be a better choice due to the wider aperture.
Who is this lens for?
If you’re going to be shooting a variety of subjects and f/2.8 vs. f/4 isn’t an issue to you, buy this lens. You’ll be able to shoot everything from landscapes to portraits and everything in between.
Who isn’t this lens for?
If you’re going to be shooting in low light situations such as weddings, live music, and other events where a wider aperture is needed, you should consider investing in the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8.