How to Calibrate Your Monitor – FREE
Subscribe to Phlearn
Make Sure Your Images Look Amazing ALL the Time
This is the solution to all those times you saw your images on someone else’s computer and they looked totally different. Today I’ll show you the easiest and cheapest way to fix color and brightness issues on a Mac using software that comes with your computer. I wouldn’t recommend purchasing the expensive hardware unless you are doing a lot of printing, if you are it may be worth it in the long run to save on ink supplies.
- 0:30- Why you should calibrate your computer
- 1:45- Starting with system preferences
- 2:00- Color of background and brightness
- 2:25- Resolution
- 3:30- Calibration assistant
- 8:00- Checking the difference with an edited image
- 8:35- Editing on a laptop vs. desktop
- 8:50- Readjusting our settings
Which Programs to Use
There are a few different site you can download from for free that may give better results. Here are some of the best reviewed:
You can also purchase hardware. These are more expensive but if you are doing a lot of printing they are probably worth it.
Don’t forget about this week’s contest
We are accepting entries until MONDAY for t-shirt designs. Check out yesterday’s episode for all of the info!