Common Mistakes Everyone Makes When Printing Pt.1
Printing Your Image
Getting your image printed is very important, because it will give you more of an emotional attachment to your work. Having something physical is a lot more powerful than a digital file. There are some hurdles that many people face when printing, and that is what this 3 part series is all about. Getting over those hurdles, so you can get back to enjoying the process of getting better.
3 Part Series – Common Mistakes Everyone Makes When Printing
- Part 1 (This Episode) – Cropping and Resizing
- Part 2 – Amazing Tips to Check Color & Brightness
- Part 3 – Why printing at home is never cheaper, and where to have your prints made.
What You Will Learn
- 0:30 – Intro to Part 3, and Showing results of Part. 1 & 2
- 0:40 – Intro to the Printing Series
- 1:50 – DPI vs. PPI – Why it is not important
- 3:30 – Scaling your images
- 4:45 – Resolution Changes
- 5:30 – Why you should not resample your image
- 7:00 – Explanation of how to use PPI
- 8:30 – Using the Crop Tool to size your image
- 10:00 – Checking your Crop
- 11:30 – Why viewing distance is important
- 12:20 – How to Save for Printing
- 13:00 – Question of the day – What was the largest print you have made, and what did you have to do to make it happen.
This is a tough concept to understand, and I think the more supporting evidence, the better. Here is a great article explaining much of what we discussed in this episode.
Let us know if you have any questions