Submit Your Image to Win Over $1,000 in Prizes!
Over $1,000 In Prizes!
- $150 Phlearn gift card. Choose from any of our PRO Photoshop Tutorials, textures, or actions.
- SLR Lounge’s Lightroom 4 Workshop Collection. 3 DVDs with 27 hours of Lightroom 4 training including the critically acclaimed LR4 Preset System.
- A Lensbaby Composer PRO With Sweet 35. This lens creates a spectacular tilt shift effect.
- Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 250AW. This bag has room to keep your gear organized and can be conveniently transported with it’s backpack straps.
- $100 Lens Rentals gift card. This is great if there’s a lens you’ve wanted to try for a while but don’t have access to. Simply order from LensRentals and they’ll ship it out to you for a week. When you’re done with it, just send it back!
There will be three runners up, each of which will be awarded a $100 gift card to Phlearn!
Incredible Guest Judges
Dean Bradshaw, Miss Aniela, and Brooke Shaden will be judging entries in addition to Aaron. Dean Bradshaw is a commercial photographer based out of Los Angeles. Miss Anelia specializes in fine art photography and has been recognized by multiple publications for her work. Brooke Shaden is a conceptual photographer from Los Angeles. We’re honored to have such amazing people and photographers be a part of this.
Brooke Shaden is a fine art photographer living and working in the Los Angeles area. Her passion lies in creating new worlds through photographs. Her vision extends beyond the realm of the camera, creating images that resemble paintings and speak of an era that is not our own. Each image is a story.
Dean is a commercial advertising photographer and image maker based in Los Angeles by way of Australia.
He deals in conceptual, high-impact imagery.
He has a background in retouching and compositing, skill-sets which he now leverages to create images that would be impossible to make happen otherwise.
Miss Aniela is a British fine-art photographer and author of two photography books. Her self-portraiture has been exhibited widely and she now works on both fine-art and commercial imagery with a specialisation for boldness and surrealism. She has also self-branded the production event, the ‘Fashion Shoot Experience’ in the UK and US.
Because this contest is so big, it will be open for two weeks instead of the usual one week. The theme for this contest is: Anything but smiling. We want to see your best image without anyone smiling. The reason we chose this theme is to push the boundaries of what you can do with a photo when you are forced to do the opposite of what many people consider part of taking a photo. This doesn’t mean your image has to be sad in any way, we would love to see some positive emotion. Just no smiling.
- Contest Begins 1/21/2013
- Submissions due by 2/3/2013 Midnight CST.
- Judging will be done via panel of guest judges and Phlearn
- Submit your images in a comment below
- Contest theme: Anything but smiling
- By submitting images, you give Phlearn LLC the right to digitally alter your image and display on Phlearn.com, and use your image and any resulting derivatives to promote Phlearn.com. We reserve the right to change the rules whenever we want.
Last Week’s Contest Winners
Congratulations to Brandi, Ferd Issac, Francis Beaulieu, Georgia Wiggs, Chris Forte, and Michael for winning last week’s blank background contest! Email us to choose your free Phlearn PRO.