How to Use Saturation to Make Your Images Amazing
How to use saturation to enhance composition
Creating mood and emotion in images can help give your images that extra touch. Adding and subtracting color in different areas can help create a focal point and balance your composition. Today I go over different blend modes and effects you can use to check color levels in your photos.
Today’s Episode Timeline
- 0:28 – Announcing last week’s contest winners
- 2:00 – Analyzing color in an image
- 2:40 – Using luminosity to analyze saturation levels
- 6:30 – Create focal point
- 9:00 – Use hue to check saturation levels
- 10:34 – Announcing this week’s contest
- 11:40 – Hubris
Last Week’s Contest Winner
- Rick- Great effect
- Erikur Brynjolfsson- Love what you did with the colors and tones
- Sebastian Ortiz - Totally different background, nice work
- Nick Bedford- Love the wings
- Ian Arneson- Phlare!
This Week’s Contest
Using a photo that you have created, play around with the colors and tones to create mood and give a different effect than what you started with. Try using complimentary colors and variations in the highlights and shadows. Submit your JPG in a comment for a chance to win! The contest is open until next Monday at 12PM CST.
5 People will each win 1 PRO Photoshop Tutorials.