Lighting for Dark Skin Tones
Photographing Someone With Dark Skin
Lighting for Dark Skin Tones.
In this episode we show you how using a bigger, higher power fill light will help fill in detail when taking photos of someone with brown skin tones. It’s always better to add contrast and darken your shadows in photoshop so you don’t lose information in the shadows. This way you can be sure you’re getting the best exposure since light colors reflect light and dark colors absorb it.
- 1:00 -Light setup
- 1:50 – Shooting without a fill light
- 2:40 – Adding in a fill below
- 3:30 – Comparing the two images
- 4:30- Photographing lighter skin with and without fill
- 6:00 Do you have any advice