Here Are 10 Awesome Questions From Our Fans About Retouching
It’s that time again where our fans asks us questions about a specific topic. Here are the 10 questions we selected from our Youtube, and Facebook accounts. Subscribe to our Youtube, and become a our fan on Facebook so you won’t miss out, and potential get your question featured on our website.
1. James Stewart from Youtube (7 likes)
Why is dodge and burn so much more effective than other tools? I often find myself just brightening the highlights and darkening the shadows of the face, and I feel a bit silly.
Why is dodge & burn better than just adding adjustment layers with masks?
2. Davion Lawrence from Youtube (6 likes)
When retouching, what are some basic guidelines you follow to keep the skin tone looking natural and realistic?
3. Levi Sherman from Facebook (6 likes)
What is your workflow when it comes to retouching? What do you do first? D&B, liquify, skin smoothing, blemish removal, etc.
4. Ben Leavitt from Facebook (3 likes)
What are some of the biggest mistakes amateur retouchers make that professionals don’t?
4. Nick Cardona from Facebook (3 likes)
Where do you draw the line when it comes to retouching? How much is too much?
5. To piggy back on to that, Bendik Haagensen Sandøy from Facebook
When retouching, where do you cross the line between “doing a favor” (like removing blemishes and so on), and sort of insulting the model that you are retouching?
6. Preston House from Youtube (3 likes)
Does a photographer have to be a great retoucher as well?
7. Phoenix Production from Youtube
Do you use same techniques when retouching a man/woman’s skin? If not what’s the difference ?
8. Miguel Cortes from Youtube (there were a lot of questions about hair)
How do you fix flyaway hair on complex backgrounds?? I have tried clone tool and spot healing brush but it ends up looking weird!
9. Carl Li from Youtube
What percentage do you use Lightroom and Photoshop in your final image?
10. Barry MacKenzie from Facebook
How do you make commercial product shots really “pop”??!