Five Reasons Networking Is Important For Photographers
It may seem like being a photographer solely consists of taking photographs, but there’s a little bit more to it than that. Networking and creating business relationships can really boost your career, and a great way to do this is by attending events for photographers.
- Professional photographers attend and hold classes to share their knowledge. Part of being good at any craft is constantly taking in new knowledge to keep your skills sharp.
- Discounts on gear. Camera gear companies such as Canon, Nikon, Manfrotto, and many others have booths set up at these events with discounted gear. You can save money by purchasing gear at an event rather than online.
- Meeting the right people. Whether it be industry professionals or company representatives, people worth knowing frequent large photography events.
- Meet other photographers. You can learn a lot and make great friends by meeting people who share the same passion as you.
- HAVE FUN! Put hundreds of photographers together under one roof, and you know it’s bound to be a good time.
WPPI may be coming to a close, but here are a few other great events to get out and go to this year.
- Photo Plus. PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo was founded in 1983 and has become the largest photography and imaging show in North America. The show offers the ultimate experience in photography, video and digital imaging. Over 24,000 professional photographers and enthusiasts from around the world attend this event.
- Photoshop World. You’ll experience the most amazing line-up of Photoshop, photography, and lighting training in the world. Designed to boost your skills, Photoshop World is a one-in-a-lifetime experience that will help your work soar to new heights.
- Pro Photo Expo.Pro Photo Expo and Conference is the best place for you to connect with customers – established and new – in California and the surrounding region. Their trade show takes place in The Pasadena Convention Center, a beautiful state of the art exhibit and conference location.