One Action, Four Eye Colors
People come in all different colors, and so do their eyes. This action pack makes enhancing eyes incredibly simple. Included in the Amazing Eyes Photoshop Action Pack are 4 Actions
- Blue Eyes – This action sharpens and brings out blue saturation, adds highlights to the bottom of the eye and adds a teal color dodge layer to the highlights, giving the blue more depth.
- Brown Eyes – This action sharpens and brings out yellow, red, and green saturation, adds highlights to the bottom of the eye and adds a light brown color dodge layer to the highlights, giving the brown more depth.
- Green Eyes – Add sharpening and add more green saturation. Add highlights to the bottom of the eye and a light green color to the highlights, giving the green more depth.
- Dark Eyes – Often times there is color information hidden in dark eyes and this action brings out that color. Add sharpening, bring out color in the shadows while protecting the highlights, remove blue and green color fringing, and add natural saturation to dark eyes.
After installation, double-click on one of the 4 included actions based on the original eye color of your subject.
The on-screen instructions will guide you through the simple process of selecting and enhancing eyes. This action is designed to work will RAW and JPEG images at all sizes and with any eye color.
Quick Tip: To add more effect, simply duplicate the group made by the action, for less effect, lower the opacity of the group.
How to Use the PHLEARN Amazing Eyes Action
After downloading and installing the Amazing Eyes action, press play on the action that coorelates to the eye color of your subject. For instance, if your subject has blue eyes, click on the Blue Eyes action.
You will then be guided through a series of steps that involves selecting and enhancing the eyes.
A red circle will appear on the top left of your image. Resize and relocate the circle to cover the pupil of your subject’s eye and press ENTER. Next, another circle will appear – do the same thing with the other eye. If there is only one eye in the photo, place the second circle over the first.
If there are multiple people in the photo, run this action for each person in the image.
After placing the red circles over the subject’s eyes, press ENTER. You will be asked to blur the edge of the circles to make the transition appear natural. Try to emulate the softness of the edge of the pupil in the original image.The action will then translate the circles into selections and load those selections as a group mask.
More magic happens, then you will be asked to adjust a slider that will add sharpening to the eyes. You will have a live preview of the sharpening, so there is no guess work. Press ENTER and you are done!
How to Install Photoshop Actions
Follow the instructions below or watch our Quick Installation Video
- Save your actions in an easy to find location on your computer.
- Open Photoshop and go to the actions palette.
- If the actions palette is not visible, go to “Window”, then click “Actions” in the dropdown.
- In the top right corner of the actions palette, click on the small box containing an upside down triangle and 4 horizontal lines.
- From the drop down menu, select “Load Actions”.
- Navigate back to where you saved the actions and select the file ending in .atn.
- Click “Open” and your actions will load into the actions palette.