How to add black & white style to your photos
Our exclusive black and white Photoshop Actions make converting any photo into black and white as simple as clicking “play.”
Each action is custom tuned to look great, no matter what photo you choose. Included styles for portraits, high contrast, low contrast, gradients and vignettes provide many options for black and white style.
Each Photoshop Action adds subtle effects like grain and vignetting to give your black and white images a unique look that can’t be found anywhere else.
After installation, double-click on the PHLEARN Black & White action of your choice.
The black and white effect will be instantly applied to your photos. Choose one of fifteen presets or stack multiple actions together for a unique look.
Quick Tip: Mix and match black & white actions for unlimited possibilites.
How to Install Photoshop Actions
Follow the instructions below or watch our Quick Installation Video
- Save your actions in an easy to find location on your computer.
- Open Photoshop and go to the actions palette.
- If the actions palette is not visible, go to “Window”, then click “Actions” in the dropdown.
- In the top right corner of the actions palette, click on the small box containing an upside down triangle and 4 horizontal lines.
- From the drop down menu, select “Load Actions”.
- Navigate back to where you saved the actions and select the file ending in .atn.
- Click “Open” and your actions will load into the actions palette.