How to Make an Awesome Animated GIF
GIFS tell stories
Even when that story is that a stick figure’s head blows up.
Today we are creating an animation from scratch, and exporting it as a GIF, so it is viewable on the internet. It is an awesome wild ride, and you are sure to learn a ton!
Today’s Episode Timeline
- 0:20 -Intro
- 0:35 – This episode was suggested by David using our Suggest an Episode Form
- 0:55 – Phlearn PRO Contest!
- 2:10 – Creating a new document
- 3:00 – Saying thank you to everyone on a photo shoot
- 3:30 – Drawing a face
- 4:30 – Make sure your layers don’t have transparent areas
- 5:00 – Applying the Liquify filter
- 5:30 – Repeating the process
- 8:10 – Turning layers into frames
- 8:45 – Converting to a frame animation
- 10:00 – Adjusting the frame duration
- 10:30 – Saving for the internet
- 12:10 – Viewing your image on the internet
- 12:40 – Adjusting playback
Sit Back & Enjoy!